Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Physicians Formula Happy Booster Products Spring 2013 Swatches


I found 2 new Physicians Formula products at my local Ulta: 


Happy Booster™ Glow & Mood Boosting Baked Bronzer 
and 
Happy Booster™ Glow & Mood Boosting Illuminating Bronzing Veil 

I got both in the color Light Bronzer, there was also one more color called Bronzer.
They were $13.99 each, but both had a $3 off coupon on them, and were on sale for BOGO 50% off. So I spent about $15 on the both of them prior to taxes. 


I was thrilled these no longer had talc in them, like the previous Happy Booster products. Talc breaks me out and can be irritating to sensitive skin and if you are acne prone, so I avoid it. 
These smell really really nice, you don't necesarily smell it on your face for very long, but it is nice when you open the product. It is a very floral smell. 
The one thing I am not thrilled about is they both have a gold colored component to them which has shimmer. It is larger pieces of shimmer, which you would be able to see on your face, and I just hate having shimmer randomly all over my face. In blush it can be fine, but not in something like a bronzer that you wear all over. 
In the bronzing veil this is an easy fix, just remove the gold colored hearts. But in the other product it is a little harder, you have to use a small brush and try to go around the heart and not touch the center.
However, the bronze component in these gives a very nice dewy glow with no shimmer. The loose hearts are slightly dark, while the baked bronzer is very light, just a beautiful beige glow, this will not be too dark for even fair skin.
Here are pictures of the products and swatches:




 The swatches are as follows:
Left to Right: Beige then Gold from Baked Bronzer; Beige then Gold from Bronzing Veil














 

No comments:

Post a Comment