Friday, April 12, 2013

Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner Review and Swatches

I picked a couple of these up to try from Ulta, and loved them so much that I ended up going back for more colors.
By the way these are paraben-free and although they are not natural, I did not see anything appalling on the ingredients list.
These liners are so super smooth and creamy, I think even more so than the cult favorite Urban Decay 24/7 liners. They are also really budge proof, and unlike many liners these do not irritate my eyes. I actually prefer to stick with non-natural liners, even though overall I prefer natural makeup, because all natural liner tend to smudge all over the place on me, and also really string and irritate my eyes because they melt and migrate into my eye from the upper lash line. Because the Prestige liners are so budge proof on me, they do not melt into my eyes, therefore no irritation.
I also love the fact that these colors are not bright or vibrant, but sort of the blackened version of a color. Like a blackened purple, etc. This way they look almost black and I still get the full effect of a dark liner, while adding some color. I also like that they are not shimmery or metallic(although they do have a very subtle and very fine shimmer, except Slate which is more shimmery). This way they do not reflect the light, because I hate how sometimes metallic liner will be so reflective it almost looks like you are not wearing liner.
Overall, I am a huge a fan, and hope to track down more colors I saw online but have not found yet in stores by me(I'm not sure if they are new, or old and discontinued) like Emerald and Olive.
Left to Right:
Powerful Purple, Daring Green, Fearless Teal, Fierce Blue, and Strong Slate
I love them all, except Strong Slate, which I don't like because of the larger shimmer particles






No comments:

Post a Comment