Monday, March 24, 2014

Bare Minerals The Affair to Remember Swatches

 

I was so excited when I saw a new BE 8.0 READY palette on QVC! I love their pressed shadows. However I must say that I am kind of underwhelmed by this particular one. The shadows in it are just not my type of colors. The white shade Curtsy is super sheer and has pieces of silver shimmer in it, which I am not a fan of. The color Romance is a dirty brownish purple with tons of multi color glitter that gets all over the place if you try to blend and also has quite a bit of fall-out. The rest of the colors are ok, Revelry and Caviar & Cake have a bit of that silver shimmer in it too.
Overall I think most of the colors just look muddy or "dusty" on me and are too sheer. But perhaps some people will like that. 

Here are the color descriptions from QVC, and then my thoughts in parenthesis:

Curtsy, a shimmering snowflake shade (ivory, very sheer, has silver shimmer that falls out)
Valet, toffee sheen shade (warm mid tone brown, best quality of all of them, is well pigmented and has a nice pearl/metallic finish)
Debutante, a blushing nude shade (pastel peach, this one is quite nice, but blends out relatively sheer)
Romance, a glimmering plum shade (sheer brownish purple. looks muddy, lots of glitter)
Waltz, a soft pink taupe shade (light dusty pinky purple, nice soft pearly finish, kind of sheer)
Caviar & Cake, a velvet chrome shade (gray taupe with a hint of green, same finish as Walts but with a tiny bit of silver shimmer, kind of sheer)
Swept Away, a gentle lavender shade (dusty gray purple, less pink than Waltz but same finish, kind of sheer)
Revelry, a khaki glimmered moss shade (brown with a hint of gray, sheer and has the silver shimmer in it)


Indoors


 Outdoors



Indoors


Outdoors


No comments:

Post a Comment